Sunday, May 25, 2014

Should Apple Sell A Hackers License?

As you may know if you have read my previous blog posts, I have made a good share of hackintoshes. A hackintosh is a computer that is not manufactured by Apple .Inc, but has Os x installed on it. If you have done research on this topic, you have probably found out that it is by no means legal. Thats being said, many people (including myself) still continue to do it.
I was on a website not to long ago when I stumbled upon a comment that got me thinking. The person who wrote the comment thought that apple should sell Os x to people who want the operating system on there non-Apple computer(s).  They would definitely make a lot of money doing this, but is it a good idea? My personal opinion: No. It is most definitely a bad idea. Why do I think this. Well, when I first read the comment,. I thought it was an incredibly good idea. I mean, Apple could sell it just like Microsoft does there Windows operating system. They could have some kind of one year subscription that cost $100 dollars to renew. Like I said before, they would make a lot of money.
Why do I think this a bad idea after I have thought about it more?  There are a number of people who by Macs pasificaly for Os x. Apple makes a lot more money on the people who buy Macs for Os x than the people who would buy a hackers license.
Let me know you thoughts in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment