Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Chess Clock Catastrophe

"Ding dong!" The door bell rang. I got up from my comfortable position in my chair, I took my phone with me, I didn't wan't to lose the game I was playing (I couldn't pause it). As I approached the wooden door, I wintinessed my golden retriever dog viguriously sctratching at the already marked up surface. He turned his soft furry head to take a quick glance at me and then turned back. The clawing slowed but didn't stop. I think he knew that I would soon open the door, but the exitement was to strong for him, he just couldn't control himself. He did this everytime he heard the high pitched sound of the doorbell. The image wasn't clear, but I could make out the features of my old chess coach standing behind the glass window on the door that I was looking through. What was he doing here?

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant writing. I want more. Now.

    ReplyDelete